Thursday 8 April 2010

My work

So I am sat here right now in my office, tucked away in the corner kinda away from everyone else pondering whether anyone is actually reading my blogs.

In the words of the one hit wonder Stacie Orrico - "there's gotta be more to life"

I am not designed to work, I do not enjoy it, on days off I do not get bored, and on the occasions in my past when I found myself out of work I thoroughly enjoyed it, except for the lack of money.
If I won the lottery tomorrow I would never work again, I fucking HATE people who say things like "I would be bored", "I would still work" yadda yadda yadda, don't play it then! Send me your dollars/pounds/euro's whatever currency you use!

Anyway the job I currently do is a personal assistant, and deal with a lot of shit off my fat
boss whom we shall call Jim - not like the one of Coronation Street, but now I have Beverley Callard saying Jim in my head through those HUGE teeth of hers.
I am forever being asked to write to people, call people, email people, make him drinks, do his online shopping, the list is endless!

When I accepted the role I assumed it would be all glamour a la "Ugly Betty" and "The Devil Wears Prada", but to my horror I am actually working for Jim aka Jabba the Hutt, and I do not look as good as Princess Leia in my bikini, it is all hairy nipples and tattoo's, not even Pamela Anderson can pull that off anymore!

So Jim is away on a course this week - I expect he is learning how to inhale fried chicken without removing the bones, or chewing, he is pretty close to nailing that already.

This leaves me able to sit here and blog all day while eating fruit and reading my lovely Linwood Barclay book.

Later in the series I shall tell you all about my many, many amusing bosses and shall keep you up to speed on the antics of Jim and his lovely family, from what I overhear his 16 year old son is always getting thrown out by his wife, I can't wait to see what delights Jim has to tell me after the Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment